Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Damon is one!  I thought his birthday would be extra hard for me, and it did make me a little sad that he is already one and time is going too fast, but I was mainly happy that he is ours and that we had such an amazing year.  We love this little guy more than anything and he brings so much love, excitement and joy into our home.  
Birthday boy with his doggy (I think I am done with the doggy pictures!)
Having fun being tossed into the air by Daddy.  I think this was on the way down.
Trying to get a family picture, but all he wanted to do was play with his presents.
His new truck.  He makes a cute car sound when he plays with it. 
Look at those teeth :)
My handsome boy
Mama and Damon
The Very Hungry Caterpillar birthday cake
Birthday party at the park
About to dig into his cake with his cousins and a few friends.
It didn't take him long to poke the caterpillars eyes and start digging a hole into the cake.
Trying to touch me with his messy hands.  He did a great job destroying his cake, but didn't eat very much of it.  Mainly dug into it and threw it.
xoxo
Auntie Kendra was there for the fun!
Crew wanted to hold Damon's hand, and Damon wanted to touch Crew's face.  
I LOVE this picture.  It cracks me up.  He looks so satisfied :)
Some fun things about Damon:
- He loves to be scared and scaring people.  He laughs so hard.
- He is very ticklish, especially up by his chest/neck and his legs.
- He makes sounds for dog, cow, car, fan, and sometimes duck.  Tries to say ball, book, and duck.  
- Has 8 teeth.
- Loves to grab your finger and take you places.
- Loves anything he can take apart or take things out of, and then tries to put it back.
- Will try and dance and jump if you ask him to.
- Will try to put on his shoes by himself after he takes them off.
- Likes to throw his food from his highchair when his Daddy feeds him and laughs so hard when Lee goes to pick it up.
- Likes his stuffed animal Biscuit so much and when you ask him where his doggy is, he will go get it.
- He loves the vacuum.
- He is a great eater, and will eat pretty much anything we give him.
- He loves water.  He especially loves drinking out of my camelback water bottle.
- He has a fake laugh and will randomly use it.  It is pretty funny.
- He makes a lot of weird faces...mainly snarls.
- He likes to step on my feet.
- He is a terrible sleeper.  I kept thinking that he would get better...but he is not.
- He loves playing in our closet and messing up the shoes and taking shirts off the hanger.

Lee asked me how long I was going to make this...so I guess I should stop!  Haha.  Anyway, we love our little boy so much and are so blessed to be his parents.  Happy birthday Damon!

2 comments:

  1. Damon looks so old in the first picture...geez. He is so adorable. The party was so fun, Jacoby loved it. It's always fun to read the little facts about him; you will be so glad you did that so you can look back at it. Happy birthday, Damon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course he was rubbin his belly! haha. i wish i was still with you guys!

    ReplyDelete